The Company was founded in April 1944 beginning its activities in the plant of Villa Lugano, where cotton yarns and fabrics were produced. The finishing of the fabrics produced there was totally done in third-party dry cleaners.
In the 1950s, production ceased to be solely from cotton to start making 100% viscose yarns and fabrics.
In 1958, in full industrial expansion, the weaving is transferred to the current plant located in Gral. San Martín, Buenos Aires province.
During 1962, the first machines for finishing fabrics were also installed at the Gral. San Martín plant.
In 1964, the company carried out the first tests to obtain yarns mixed with natural and artificial fibers with synthetic (cotton and viscous with polyester), being one of the pioneers in the development of this type of products in the country.
In 1972 a process of renovation and extension of the weaving began with the installation of a warp and a glue of last generation for that year.
At the beginning of 1973, the first 30 Sulzer looms were assembled, beginning the total and gradual renewal of the looms. In that same year also began the renovation and expansion of the production capacity of the Dry Cleaner, with the assembly of the first continuous train of dyeing.
In order to complete the entire vertical production cycle, a spinning dyeing machine was installed in 1982.
In July 1987, INTA acquired 99.9% of a company that had the industrial promotion project to build a plant in the Industrial Park of the city of La Banda, Santiago del Estero to produce carded cotton yarn for sale A third party. The company is called Fialsa S.A. And begins to produce in the month of September of 1988. The installed capacity of spinning mill is 960,000 kgs. yarn per year.
In 1993 another dyeing train, a new washing machine and another branch were installed in the dry cleaner.
During 1997 the new production line of fantasy fabrics was launched, for which 12 Picañol looms were used for tweezers, a sectional warp, a last generation glue machine, a textile design team and a new packaging machine. This project required an investment of U$S 3,000,000.
The closure of the Villa Lugano plant took place in October 1998 and the start-up of the modernization of Fialsa took place in January 1999.
From 2005 onwards INTA began a sustained process of industrial upgrading that included the replacement of the conventional spinning system by state-of-the-art air-jet technology. This process culminated in 2011 with the latest addition of new machinery of Japanese origin and a production capacity of 1,800 tons of yarn per year.
In 2010 the process of technological updating of weaving began with the total replacement of looms by air looms of Belgian origin, with a significant increase in the productivity of the weaving area.
Currently, the Gral. San Martín plant covers an area of ??production of approximately 26,300 m2, with installed weaving capacity to produce 8,660,000 mts. Of fabric per year and installed dry cleaning capacity of 15,820,000 mts. of tissue per year.